How to Prepare and Submit ITR Online
To Prepare and Submit ITR Online, please follow the below steps:
- Enter this URL in your browser (https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home)
- Login to e-Filing (if you have user id and password)
- Enter the credentials
- User ID,
- Date of Birth /Date of Incorporation and
- Go to e-File and Click on
- “Prepare and Submit ITR Online”.
- (Only ITRs 1 and 4S can be filled online)
- Select the
- Income Tax Return Form ITR 1/ITR 4S and
- the Assessment Year.
- Fill in the details and click the “Submit” button.
- Upload Digital Signature Certificate (DSC), if applicable. (Please ensure the DSC is registered with e-Filing.)
- Click on “Submit” button.
- On successful submission,
- ITR-V would be displayed (if DSC is not used).
Click on the link and download the ITR-V. ITR-V will also be sent to the registered email.
- If ITR is uploaded with DSC, the Return Filing process is complete.
The return is not uploaded with DSC, the ITR-V Form should be printed, signed and submitted to CPC within 120 days from the date of e-Filing. The return will be processed only upon receipt of signed ITR-V. Please check your emails/SMS for reminders on non-receipt of ITR-V.