All the Traders or Investors who wants to trade in securities market needs to have a DEMAT Account. In this DEMAT account shares or securities are held in electronic form.
In this article we will discuss how to open a DEMAT Account.
- Choose a depository participant as per your choice. You can get all the depositories names from the websites like Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL) and National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL).
- Keep the below documents ready
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Income
- Proof of Bank Account
- Passport Size Photograph
- Fill the account opening form with the following details:
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Cancelled cheque
- Bank statement
- Check the rules and regulations and give your consent of Agreement
- Complete the Verification process.
- You will get a DEMAT account from your DP with the log in credentials.